In order to reserve a date, you will sign some paperwork and pay the session fee.
If we haven't already, the easiest way to compare calendars is for you to email or call me with a few dates that work for your family - I always try to be as flexible as possible, and once we find a date, I'll get you booked in and send you the agreement and invoice. I will also have some available dates you may choose from for studio session. As you pull out your calendar, here are a few things to consider:
• Summer weekend dates are very limited and popular for outdoor sessions. During the week, many clients who work regular business hours find that by scheduling outdoor sessions early in the morning or late afternoon/evening session, they're able to work a session in with almost no time lost at the office.
• Given the beautiful colours and temperate weather, fall is the busiest time of year for outdoor family photos in Guelph. If you'd like a session during one of those times (ESPECIALLY if you want a weekend spot), please get in touch as soon as possible!
• If you have a particular date or holiday by which you need prints or gifts (Mother's Day, Father's Day, Hanukkah, Christmas, etc.), be sure to book a date at least one month in advance of that date to ensure sufficient processing and printing time.
• Outdoor sessions will be scheduled 1.5 hours before sunset for great lighting. Alternatively, morning sessions are also welcome (babies and kids typically do better then too!)
• Studio sessions will take place between 10AM and 2PM due to the nature of natural lighting in the studio.
• Beautiful photographs can be made in any kind of weather, but I understand that there are some downsides to being photographed in the pouring rain or the freezing cold. I will reschedule sessions for inclement weather.
Once we've decided on a time and date and officially put your session on the books, I'll send you a questionnaire and prep guide that will walk you through everything from choosing outfits to strategies for getting kids to cooperate. That guide has been created and refined over years of experience, so it typically answers 90% of the questions that come up, but I'm always happy to set up a time to chat if you want additional help.
You may have also noticed that I offer wardrobe options. You'll get full access once your session is booked but here's a link to some more information ->STUDIO WARDROBE
Mark your session in your calendar!
Typically with outdoor session we're done within 50 minutes or so, I feel kids (and dads) get tired after 45 min. I like to stay flexible. I want to be able to give you time to calm your child/give him a snack and a snuggle, or walk over to that neat place we see at the location.
For studio session please block off 1 to 1.5 hours or up to 2.5 hours for newborn sessions. Babies and young children have their own schedule and sometimes we just have to go with it.
If you're interested in having your hair & makeup done for your session, let me know ASAP so I can get that booked in!
A few days before our session is scheduled, I'll reach out to confirm our time and location... at that point, if the forecast is questionable or someone seems to be coming down with the flu, we can talk about our rescheduling options. Otherwise, that's the perfect time to ask any last-minute questions or let me know if you've come up with a fun idea we haven't discussed.
The fun part! Within just a couple of weeks of your session, you'll receive an email from me letting you know that your photo slideshow is ready for viewing! The slideshow will be active for 24 hours letting you watch as many times as you'd like. Once you've had a chance to watch and marvel at all your photos, you'll have 24 hours to let me know which collection you want to purchase. After you've made a collection purchase, you'll have a full month to select the specific digital files and print items you want to use to fill that collection.
Your choice of 10 high resolution digital files
Your choice of 20 high resolution digital files
The complete set of high resolution digital files & slideshow
What you're going to do with your images is perhaps the most important aspect to consider when you're planning for a photo session, but it's all too often the aspect is overlooked... all that time and money invested deserve a better return than photos gathering dust on a hard drive somewhere.
A Peek Into Print Products
beautifully designed 12 month calendar, starting from any month
These 12 month press print calendars are printed on a Fine Art Smooth Silk paper (270gsm) and come with a variety of options like a handcrafted wood stand display or spiral bound. Wood stands are shipped flat and designed for quick and easy assembly.
With smooth gradations, true-to-life colours, and superior clarity these calendars will make your day any time of the year.
6x9" Calendar with Wood Stand $110.00
11x17" Spiral Calendar $80.00
Canvas prints are printed using pigment inks. Canvases are coated with a matte archival lamination and stretched on solid pine wood for superior strength and a durable quality, with a beautiful finish and sleek black border.
Beautiful textured prints with a depth of 1.5".
FRAMES & MATTED FRAMES
A traditional photographic print with a semi-gloss finish, framed in a pre-assembled wooden box-style frame with a permanent black paper backing and hanging hardware.
Comes pre-assembled and ready to hang. Dimensions: 2.2cm Wide 3cm Deep. Available in White, Black and Light Wood.
Modern box-style frames ready to hang and display in any setting.
These lovely hard cover books are printed on smooth silk paper (250gsm),
available with a variety of linen cover options with foil lettering.
Minimum of 20 pages (10 spreads) and maximum of 80 pages (40 spreads)
Linen cover colours include blush, oak, seafoam, smokey grey, grey linen, brown linen, black linen, canapetta natural, canapetta fern grey, canapetta espresso.
8x8" 20 Page Book with Linen Cover $370.00
10x10" 20 Page Book with Linen Cover $410.00
12x12" 20 Page Book with Linen Cover $464.00